pinterest

Follow Me on Pinterest

Wednesday, April 20, 2011

The Spring Summer Wreath

We are undergoing a bathroom renovation, so I've been pre-occupied with shopping for tiles and fixtures and paint.  What fun.  Luckily, my husband is "in the biz" so we have a great crew working on the space, meaning I don't have to do the work!

In the meantime, spring is trying hard to arrive, but winter just won't let go.  It's April, but we've had snow!  Then I realized that while I had taken down my winter wreath, I had not put anything up in it's place.  So off to Michaels I went.  I wanted something different from the norm that really screamed Spring and Summer (because let's face it... once my pool opens, I doubt I'll want to be crafting).  I found some great green and white ribbon, some big clip on daisies, and a hot pink clip on butterfly.  This was going to be an easy peasy project. 

I had a old gold frame at home that wasn't being used and currently doesn't match any of my current decor.  The idea came together quite easily, now would the execution of it match?!

So given that this one is going on the sun porch in the heat of summer, I didn't think the glue gun was the best tool this time.  So I worked with the staple gun.  FUN!  I started by removing the glass from the frame and simply wrapping the frame with the ribbon until all of it was covered.   The corners were a bit tricky, but with persistence and clever folding on the back, it all got covered. There are little hints of gold picking through at the corners but that adds to the charm. 
I clipped the flowers and butterfly on because I might want to change it up a little later.  I doubt it, but you never know.  Besides, I didn't want to use hot clue, and couldn't really figure out how else to attached them.  I saved the glass from the frame, and other than a few staple holes in the back, this project can be undone and remade, or reused easily.

I love how it turned out!  It took less than an hour, cost less than $25 and I think it looks great!  This project was super easy!

If the sun would come out, I would be able to take a picture from a little further away.  It "pops" against the white door.  From the sidewalk it is eye catching.  I just wish the weather would match the feeling of the wreath! Soon though.... soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment