pinterest

Follow Me on Pinterest

Wednesday, September 28, 2011

Let There Be Light

Here is my craft room work space.  It's not quite set up yet, but I'm getting there.  I have been working at my table, but the only light in the room comes from behind me.  As you can see from the lamp shadow on the wall, it makes the space very hard to work in, especially after dark.  It needed another light, but my darling husband is very busy and I'll wait forever waiting for him to install one. 

When we first moved in, this corner was supposed to be a reading nook but when circumstances forced us to make this room an additional sleeping space, I turned that corner into my crafting space.
But the hook for a hanging pendant light was still in the ceiling.  When I was cleaning up the space a few weeks ago, I found a new swag light kit and after an evening of frustrated crafting in shadow yesterday, I decided to put the kit together.  I mean, really, how hard could THAT be? :D

I followed the instructions - which were super simple (basically strip the wire, tie a knot, wrap the ends around the screws, tighten and done. I attached a shade I had in a closet, and VOILA! LIGHT (insert angel songs here).

This was a super easy, job that took a total of 5 minutes start to finish! Soon I will decorate the shade to jazz it up, but for now I'm just happy to be able to see while I work!

No comments:

Post a Comment